Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Terrible Tuesday!!!

We took both cars to Webster City this morning to get new tires on my car, and then took the other vehicle and went to the grocery store. We normally wouldn't have done this, but it's blizzard conditions here!

Yesterday it warmed to around 50 with a steady breeze (even though our neighborhood set a record for last Wednesday night when it went to 21 below zero!!!!) and today it's 4 outside with windchills to 30 below zero already!

When we got home, John discovered the freezer had died! So I tried 3 different places (all that I thought could possibly deliver one today, even in this weather)and was successful at Lowe's in Ames. The three different guys I spoke to were VERY nice and accommodating, and the freezer will be here shortly (if the blowing snow doesn't make them get lost).

I've never bought a major appliance sight-unseen and on the phone, but it was interesting and fairly efficient. I didn't have many to choose from, because if I wanted it today, it had to be in-stock and not involved in their inventory counting-process.

It's HERE!! Oh, man, I hope those guys don't get blown away.... I'm getting the camera. later now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I'm impressed about buying a freezer over the phone--and those guys look cold!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon