Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday's edition of rain and outside kitties




Iowa is known as an 'agricultural' state (which would not surprise anyone I know, and probably not anyone in this country!), but I get a kick out of 'wind farms'. There is a 'wind farm' northeast of our house about 15 miles (as the crow flies, driving it might be a little farther).
At night, the tops of the windmills flash a red light (for the planes?) and most of the flashes are synchronized to flash all at one time, but there's a bunch of them that aren't flashing at the same time as the others now, so it's interesting. I can see them from the north side of our house on a clear night.

The 8-second video is from Wednesday afternoon after I got my front brakes replaced in Webster City. Just as I headed to my car the skies opened and an hour or so of torrential rain and wind ensued. I went as far as the next parking lot and sat for more than 50 minutes. I finally called (son) Alex and asked if he could look at the weather radar and find out if I was ever going to be able to see to drive!

The picture on the right is Mrs. 8:30 being the good momma she has shown us to be by cuddling one of the babies. (It was fairly early in the morning and it was an 'ahhhh' moment.)

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon