Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ugh... the cat days of summer??

I edit an informational newsletter at our church, and yesterday I spent most of the day putting it together and attempting to make it look good....  with the articles and features the Pastor sends me.  My computer is in the family room, and whether I'm at the computer or not, the cats seem to run across the computer keyboard a few times a day.  
                                
Since I apparently didn't notice that one of them had done this AFTER I had proofed the newsletter, I printed the pages and took it to church to try out the new copier/printer (it isn't brand new, but it's new to our church--and it prints REALLY fast compared to the last one).  (Queen is on the back of the couch in this picture above on my computer bag.... acting innocent.)
                               
I had ALL the newsletters copied, stapled, taped closed and stamped before I put an extra copy on the bulletin board in the entryway of the church and discovered one of the critters had run across the keyboard and added '9080' to paragraph 2, PAGE 1 of the newsletter!!!  UGH!
                                         
oh well.  Did it have to be on PAGE 1??? (Gracie above and below looking non-chalant and wondering why I'm taking her picture.)
 Just for fun, these tomatoes came out of the garden this week.  The one on the right is "Cherokee purple" variety.
 It wasn't a great year for tomatoes around here (cold and wet in May, and DRY since then!)...but what we get still tastes better than the 'hothouse' grown tomatoes!

 

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon