Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wildlife close to home--really close!


This is a red-tailed hawk that has lived on the edge of our acreage (in a line of trees) but this year seems to have decided to make a nest in the tree right outside our east 'Prairie Room' window. (I took these through the window.)

I can't believe it sat long enough for me to take several pictures, with me walking down the hall closer and closer to it, and Queenie jumping up to get a first-hand view of it, too. It didn't seem nervous, but eventually left. I see it almost every day swooping through the yard. (PLEASE eat all the little rodents you find out in our yard-and thank you!!) It hasn't flown at the cats (yet??) but I don't usually see it flying much when they're outside.

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon