Saturday, September 11, 2010

Scenes from the road...

I went shopping yesterday, and on the way, I was stopped by an empty coal train. There were several engines in the front of this one--and since the cars were empty, a couple of them must have been there 'just for the ride'...(that much engine power wasn't needed for empty cars!)

This is the corn pile at the elevator next to the train tracks (where I was stopped waiting for the train to pass).

Apparently I timed my driving perfectly so I could see the beginning and the end of this train while I parked and waited.

This little Lutheran Church sits about a mile from the highway, but the field in front was so pretty I thought it would make a nice picture. The clouds were attributed to the hurricane Hermine winding down to almost nothing as it got this far north of the gulf!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon