Saturday, June 7, 2008

Friday reprieve from storms!


This is the view from my front yard looking southeast. Those aren't lakes, though, that's the corn field across the road from us. I got some weed-killing done, and mowed where I thought it wasn't as lake-like in our yard, but ran through a few puddles anyway (I couldn't see all of them until I was driving through them because the grass was pretty high in places!).

For all of you train fans out there, the Union Pacific Railroad has an interesting site on the public website (complete with a train whistle) with little videos from real employees (one train engineer) and info on what the cars look like and what they hold (what's in that train car--I'm always wondering while I'm sitting and waiting for them to pass by).

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon